Zucchini Lemon Bread
- 3 1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 4 eggs (or 1 c egg beaters)
- 1/2 c cane or coconut sugar
- 1/2 c honey
- 3/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 c lemon juice
- 2 c shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (with coconut oil) and flour two 8×4″ loaf pans.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, soda, salt and lemon zest.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and sugar for about two minutes, then add the oil, lemon juice and zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake 35-40 minutes.
Lemon Yogurt Glaze
- 1/2 c greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4-5 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix the yogurt and lemon juice together. Add the powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle over the cooled bread.
The original recipe can be found here.