- 5-6 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the brown rice flour slowly, whisking the entire time.
- Slowly add the milk, continuously whisking.
- Add minced garlic, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add chicken stock and cheddar cheese, whisk until smooth.
- Layer half of the potatoes in the baking dish, pour half of the cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with other half.
- Sprinkle an additional handful of cheese on top and add some parsley (both optional).
- Bake uncovered for one hour.
The original recipe can be found here.