- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c cane sugar
- 1/2 c brown rice syrup
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c nuts: peanuts, mixed nuts, cashews etc.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by greasing it with butter or using a silpat. You’ll need something to pour the peanut brittle onto to cool, and things move fast after it cooks!
- In a pot on your stovetop add the butter, cane sugar, brown rice syrup, honey & salt.
- Cook at a rolling boil until the color turns darker. For me it happened about 5 minutes into the cooking process. Stir constantly.
- Add the vanilla and nuts, stir to combine.
- Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and spread it out with your spatula.
- Let it cool and break it apart!
- Store it with wax paper between the layers if you stack it, or it will stick together.
The original recipe can be found here.