Lemon Cake – happy birthday to me!
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup Egg Beaters)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 rounded Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350. Spray 3 mini loaf pans with oil, or coat them with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the ingredients from eggs to vanilla.
- Add the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into the mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. You should be able to insert a toothpick into the middle of the loaf and have it come out clean when baked enough.
The original recipe can be found on Averie Cooks.